Occasionally, one of your teeth might become broken or damaged by decay. When this happens, your dentist will do everything in their power to try to fix it, whether with a filling, crown, root canal, or other treatment. However, sometimes, there tooth is damaged beyond repair. That’s where tooth extractions come in.
While tooth extractions are often the last option, they are often necessary to prevent the spread of infection, improve your oral health, and remove unhealthy teeth from your mouth. Additionally, tooth extractions are a relatively common and extremely safe procedure, so you have nothing to fear.
Some of the most common reasons for tooth extractions include:
- Severe infection or tooth decay
- Severe periodontal disease
- Fractured teeth
- Extra teeth that are blocking others from growing in
- To help orthodontic treatments
- Not enough space for wisdom teeth to grow in
- Baby teeth that have not fallen out fast enough for permanent teeth to come in
If you need a tooth extraction, make sure that you have the most experienced dental team doing it. Contact Suntree Smiles to schedule your appointment with us today.